Casement and awning windows
Top choice for performance.
Because the sash creates pressure on the frame when closed, these windows offer better airtightness than sliding windows of equal quality.They are ideal for those who wish to enjoy an unobstructed view and efficient ventilation. These windows open to the outside and therefore don’t interfere with lamps, plants, and accessories.
- Frame depth : Two frame depths are available (3¼" and 4 9/16") to accommodate all construction needs. The deeper that windows are set into the walls of a home, the more protected they are from bad weather, maximizing energy efficiency.
- Insulation : These windows have triple weatherstripping for maximum airtightness.
- Glazing : Various types of glass (simple, double, or triple) and glass thickness (⅜" to 1⅜") can be used, depending on your budget and specific energy efficiency needs.
- Accessories : Frames may include grooves into which various accessories can be inserted, such as exterior brickmolds and interior jamb extensions, trim, and rosettes. Frames with integrated brickmolds are also available. They not only maximize the look of windows at the front of your home, they also ensure better water resistance and help reduce installation time. If no accessories are desired, a solid frame finish is also available.
- Style : Various options allow you to adapt the style of these windows to your home, including a stylized exterior sash, authentic interior wood molding, and a bevel sash.
- Security : Casement and awning windows provide the resistance required against break-ins. These models are so strong that they were the first all-PVC windows of their kind to successfully pass the hurricane- and violent impact–resistance tests of Dade County, Florida.
Visit the P.H. Tech Difference section for more on how windows produced by manufacturers in the P.H. Tech network surpass other products on the market.
- Old-world style window - high-end product trend in the U.S. wood window industry and very popular in Europe and Japan.
- Ideal for conservatories, patio door enclosures, first basement windows or light commercial market.
- Ease of opening that hides the sophistication of its technology – and eliminates the need for a cumbersome crank handle that can interfere with window treatments.
- Equipped with quality friction hinges that allows the open window sash to be temporarily locked in position to prevent it from being affected by wind gusts. Friction hinges for emergency exit with easy cleaning facility allow windows to a full 90˚ opening angle (available only on 12” and 16” hinge sizes) and meet egress standards.
- Aluminum inswing screen with removable pins or hinges.
Hybrid window - Aluminum cladded PVC
- All-PVC welded frame and sashes with aluminum moldings - same performance results (air, water, structure) as All-PVC windows.
- Duracon heatset acrylic enamel finish resists corrosion, banging, and scratches.
- Perfect 45 degrees angles thanks to corner keys integrated to the moldings.
- Aluminum cladding attached from inside. Clean finish, no visible screws.
- Choice of durable exterior colors.
Smart real wood-PVC molding system
- 90° assembly system gives windows a genuine wood look.
- There is no contact between glass and wood, reducing risk of premature wood aging. Wood remains protected from the elements, even when windows are opened to allow ventilation.
- Designed for a wide range of energy-efficient glass, of varied thicknesses.
- Choice of wood types. Fixed, panoramic, or casement windows can becombined in a variety of configurations.
You dream of having a unique property? Choose among a multitude of dimensions and configurations to create:
A variety of assemblies.
Bay & Bows